TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've installed the 99331 SKF Speedi Sleeve, it will work:
People Seeking Info

Subject I've installed the 99331 SKF Speedi Sleeve, it will work:

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on May 29, 2015 at 12:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 779 times.

In Reply To Installing SKF Speedi-Sleeve from NAPA on Rear Crank 4 Seal posted by OverZealous (CT) on May 28, 2015 at 09:41 PM

Message There is a perforation on the inside of that flange. That flange that is designed to be removed. After removing the flange, it will be the correct depth. Go ahead and measure to be sure.

1) Use a dremel or similar to cut through the flange up to that perforation
2) Install onto crankshaft with non-flange end going in. The flange end is used to tap with a mallet, etc. I believe I used a 2x4 in between it and the hammer to ensure a clean strike. It's tough getting it started because the tolerances are so tight. Also, check the install directions, I'm pretty sure they tell you to a tiny amount of RTV between the crank and sleeve.
3) One the sleeve is almost completely onto the crankshaft take a pair of pliers on one side of that cut, and TWIST.
4) As you twist, it should begin to separate cleanly at that perforation. It is kind of a pain as you have to twist, release, grab closer up, twist, more etc, as you work your around.
5) Once the flange is off use your 2x4, etc to gently drive it until it's flush with the shaft. Mine was perfect.

It's going to be a pretty tight fit the entire time (intentionally), and the RMS is even more fun to get over the shaft now. However, its completely doable. And, that's about it!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.