TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Widebody suspension modifications....
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Widebody suspension modifications....

Posted by Rule12b on May 19, 2015 at 6:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 621 times.

In Reply To Widebody suspension modifications.... posted by Ash's Z on May 19, 2015 at 02:15 AM

Message Running two custom wide body cars. One in full-cage track use, one for mixed street and track. They are not Z32's (oh how I miss mine), but you are probably making this more complicated than necessary. In the case of my cars, the body fabrication was really the only challenge. Once complete, it's more about the wheels and offsets. Foregone Motorsports took our measurements and whipped up 19x11 f and 19x13 rears that allow for 325/30 and 345/30 tires respectively (19 inch for track, 20 inch for street).

For handling, the track car uses JR-i coilovers, thicker sways with adjustable end links, and a crap load of aero. That and the roll cage make for a great handling, stiff product.

On the street car, the factory suspension has been retained though lowering springs and sways have been added as upgrades.

We did consider a lot of the issues you are touching on in your post, but the potential benefits of the kind of complicated engineering is going to be marginal at best, if even noticeable.

And both cars are vastly more capable than they ever were stock, without thought to most of the components you are thinking about.

1991 Charcoal Gray TT purchased 06/05 and a heck of a lot more bang than my original.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.