TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stock pedal feel?
People Seeking Info

Subject Stock pedal feel?

Posted by BlackholeZ on May 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 458 times.

Message I just rebuilt my calipers today. So easy, wish I had done it years ago. I've been trying to improve my brake feel and checking as many things I can off the list.

I've done:
BMC was replaced ~70k ago
BMC Brace
SZ SS lines front and rear
Rebuilt the front calipers. Pistons and bores were in great shape, but old seals were definitely draggy.
New Centric rotors and Hawk HP5.0 pads
Full fluid flush with ATE Typ 200 per the FSM
compressed the rear pistons and flushed the old fluid out of the cavities.

The BMC was replaced by the previous owner. Don't know if it's an OEM unit or not, if that's a known issue. Not sure how to tell if it's leaking internally.

It still feels like there's a lot of pedal travel before the brakes engage though. If I lift and reapply quickly there's significantly less travel and it's very firm. Is this just how the stock system is? I definitely don't have any issues stopping. The pedal is not spongy.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" - ChristopherTheOne
" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.