TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks TT.net!
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks TT.net!

Posted by Goldchocobo on April 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 467 times.

Message I just wanted to show my gratitude for all the help this forum has provided me in the past 10 years of Z enthusiasm.

Last September, I sold my 92 2+0 NA. After 7 years of rock solid ownership, and despite it being in showroom condition, I had to sell due to recent new additions and the lack of backseats. After some wife convincing, I bought a 91 2+2 TT that most would consider a "rescue project". Despite it being a low km Z (94k km), the 24 years of age had not done it well. Every Z problem that it could have, it had. Bad injectors, brittle everything, oil leaks, blowing smoke of various colors and smells, idiotic exhaust setup, boost leaks galore, det sensor headaches, missing cylinders, intake and plenum flooded with oil, blown carrier bearing, smushed tranny mount, auto tranny shifter issues, busted radiator, lack of 60k service, nonsense rims/tires, limousine suspension... And after the surprise discovery of some cancerous floorpan rust due to water pooling on the passenger side, it only got worse.

Regardless, after 7 months of solid work with an estimated 300 hours of labor, learning to MIG weld, countless TT.net crawling, and infinite patience from my wife, finally I found victory. I insured the Z this week and enjoyed my first 100km of trouble free, butter smooth boosting goodness.

I can load up a "megathread" of my build, for anyone that's interested. It's nothing insane - just returning a Z to her former, stock (ish) glory while doing so on a shoestring budget.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.