TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - We race a crown vic...but there are 2-3 Z's in our race.
People Seeking Info

Subject We race a crown vic...but there are 2-3 Z's in our race.

Posted by CameronSF on April 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 311 times.

In Reply To 24 Hours of Lemons posted by TT DNA on April 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Message You might want to log onto the Lemons forums to try and find them. There is a pretty slowly driven blue 2+2 Z and then a quick black 2+0 and neon green 2+0 that regularly compete up here in northern California. The guys with the black car have been racing for some time and seem to have everything pretty well sorted. In early races it seemed cooling was a bigger issue for them. I'd also check into brakes and think about some sort of upgrade for the fronts. We successfully run stock vented rotors on our crown vic without slotting or cross-drilling to reduce the pad sweeping that occurs from those rotors but the 300's don't seem to have sufficient rotors for racing. You will obviously want upgraded pads. We run carbotech XP8 pads which have good bite and are rotor friendly for endurance racing.

Regarding the race in general - its a great time and the folks that are out to compete are all pretty laid back people. The one recommendation I have is to take the first few laps carefully to figure out the racing speeds and lemons racing 'style'. There is a pretty big gap in speed and ability of all the cars and one of my seasoned track buddies compared it to: 'driving in LA freeway traffic as fast as possible without losing your insurance'. That's pretty accurate. Newbies tend to go out and try and pass everyone in every scenario possible to advance position. This inevitably leads to contact/wheels off/black flags which is the real position killer. Driving clean without flags and having quick pits will advance your position more than anything else. Above all else have fun and enjoy the seat time...Lemons racing is by far the best way to get wheel to wheel seat time without breaking the bank.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.