TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My 2 cents
People Seeking Info

Subject My 2 cents

Posted by Red Hawk (CO) on April 17, 2015 at 3:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 286 times.

In Reply To Oil filter tree/sandwich/lines etc.... please chime in posted by FrozTTy on April 17, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Message It is pointless to replace the tree with the motor in the car if you used an NA block, which I would assume is why you have a NA tree on there; mainly because of the location of the oil pressure check valves. the valves are in the block on the NA, and in the tree on the TT, so if you are switching to a TT tree, you need to drill out the check valves on the block and plug them before the TT tree will do you any good.

Unless you are going to reap the benefits of a full flowing system (make sure to use a thermostatic sandwich plate) then I would advise against one. It gives another location to leak from, they can cause the tree to be in the way when using large turbos, and I seem to recall hearing a lot of people complain about seals going bad on them quickly.

I don't run them, and personally don't like them, but I've got several friends that do on various platforms and its hit or miss with them as well. So, like I said, just my .02

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.