TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Compression
People Seeking Info

Subject Compression

Posted by pearlzed(toronto) on April 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 520 times.

Message I'm having trouble loading searches for some reason, might be because I am using my phone.

So a friend of mine is helping me with some upgrades, mainly 2.5 ic piping, ash Massives, 740cc injectors, sz max street clutch, 120k kit and some 3 inch dps and tps.

He thought we should do a compression test, the car has been sitting and hasn't been turned over in approx 2 years. We got between 140 and 155 across 5 cylinders and 1 was 130. Then we put some oil in that cylinder and it shot up real fast, so I guess that means the ring is worn?

Is this a huge stop sign with regards to installing the rest of these parts or? We decided to pull the engine anyways just to give it a full once over/check the turbos and what not.

Also, when we try and get this engine out, he was asking if the harness comes out with it or if it stays in the bay, I thought it stayed in the bay but wasn't 100% sure.

Going to be asking a lot of questions this time since this will be my first engine pull. So far after tonight we got the intake manifold off.

Thx

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.