TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: A couple questions, please (front-fascia, fender-flaps).....
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: A couple questions, please (front-fascia, fender-flaps).....

Posted by Red-Oct on April 07, 2015 at 8:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 547 times.

In Reply To A couple questions, please (front-fascia, fender-flaps)..... posted by Zuberman on April 05, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Message I'll start off by saying it's your car, do what you want with it but here's my free advice:

The "look" of a car is the last thing I would spend my money on. When I first got my car, I made sure that everything is working proper and all maintenance is up to date. That sucked because I had to replace my brakes, rotors, fuel filter, spark plugs, 120k service, tires, etc.

Then I put in my intake, exhaust, downpipes and testpipes.

Last year I had to replace my HICAS lines and fuel lines. That was unexpected and a kick to the balls.

Right now I have coilovers, intercoolers and a boost controller waiting to be installed this week. Then I'm in desperate need for a SpecialtyZ tune.

I did finally purchase a 93 fiberglass wing to replace the rotted one that I have on there now. For the last few years I just had my local bodyshop spray some paint on it. Wasn't perfect but I am on a budget and I have to choose between mods that matter or looks that don't (to me).

Now, I may just drive it for a while like this but I may have the car repainted at this point. I'm happy with the way it drives now and will be even more happy once everything else is put in.

My point is this: mod your car to your liking first then start putting money into how it looks later. You say you want your car to look mean? Is it mean? Does it sound and perform like it's mean? There's nothing that brings more laughs than a car that looks like a tiger but drives like a pussycat.

The engineers at Nissan did a hell of a job with this car. Its design and lines are classic yet timeless. There's nothing wrong with leaving it the way it is until there's nothing left to upgrade. Just my opinion.

-----------------------------------------

1993 Twin Turbo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.