TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - well...
People Seeking Info

Subject well...

Posted by Antihero on April 06, 2015 at 2:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 687 times.

In Reply To Flame suit on....... posted by Zuberman on April 06, 2015 at 08:18 AM

Message When veilside/ab-flug/top secret etc started doing that style it was considered pretty cool, in the early 90's. I should know, I ran out and bought that "style" from erebuni, one of the early body kit knockoff companies, in '98. Back then these body kits were expensive and only made for the cool cars of the day. Even the knockoffs were much more expensive then they are now.

What happened next is it just exploded. The knockoff companies took the exact same style and put it on EVERY car. Regardless of how well it fit the cars style. Regardless if the car even belonged in the scene (cavaliers, s10 pickup trucks, camry etc). The price went to the floor when ebay got big. Now every single punk highschooler with a hand me down econobox had a demon/invader/or kombat front bumper. These words are absolutely synonomous with bullshit cheapo knockoff parts. That kit is NOT even wingswest, which at one point was a reputable body kit company who made unique kits at least. Thats wingswest just drop shipping poor fitting fragile junk from junk companies that run a style into the ground by trying to put essentially the same bumper on every.single.car. Next thing you know these kids hit some parking blocks and the cheap fiberglass gets wrecked instantly and now you have all the kids running around with beat to shit body kits that just made the whole idea of taking stuff like that onto your bar look bad.

Generic "aggressive" style bumpers that are not designed for a specific car (ie, a 300zx bumper shouldnt look ANYTHING like a WRX bumper) are considered dated, jevenile, and low quality since the knockoffs took most of the major players out of the market. There aren't a lot of these things running around that aren't based of of 1990's style, since the guys that set the trends mostly stopped bothering because of the knockoffs.

I get what you are saying that you want the car to look mean, but i promise you thats not what most car people think they they see a "demon" bumper. Looking mean is best accomplished as the sum of a lot of different small touches done well. A gaping giant hole in your front bumper doesnt look stock which immediately sets your car apart from other oem cars, but it doesn't look good either.

invader 88 camry

demon 88 accord

This is really what you want on your Z?

Nismo/Nissan, Stillen, Jun (still made?) TwinZ, and other quality Z specific parts are the only things you should be considering.

Antihero

How to have a good time with your 300zx:
Don't buy from AMS because it's shoddily "designed", cheaply made
knockoff garbage.
Ash makes good stuff, but don't buy from straight from ASH if you
can't deal with him going MIA. Buy his stuff from SpecialtyZ.
Don't put injectors in that aren't 95+ style Nismo or Injector dynamics
Do your timing belt when you are supposed to with oem stuff.
If a wheel doesn't proudly declare where it's made, you shouldn't be
putting it on a 300zx, and if ebay is the best place to get it, that's
concerning. Yes, I am talking
about those XXR's.
Don't put on a FMIC that isn't Tom's. That ebay "apollo style" one
causes a ton of lag and lost horsepower.

Check my classifieds. My Z is for sale.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.