TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - also have ASUS and several Dells in my arsenal..
People Seeking Info

Subject also have ASUS and several Dells in my arsenal..

Posted by Gromit on March 29, 2015 at 10:08 PM
  This message has been viewed 340 times.

In Reply To fair enough, but I tried 3 different laptops, one of posted by ztunerz on March 28, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Message ..and they are solid machines.

To be fair, Dell builds for inexpensive-to-enterprise, so the range in hardware and options is huge.

However, as I have not used the software in question (specifically Moates) I won't speculate as to what the root cause of the problem is. There are many factors that could be at play.

Thoughts in no particular order:
- Which comm ports are we talking about?
- What chipsets are they using?
- What comm protocols are we talking about specifically?
- What drivers are being used?
- Is there an issue with interrupts, bios, and/or other conflict(s) that can be easily resolved?
- Are appropriate cables (yes, cables) being used?
- What is the min spec requirements for the software? Do they provide one?
- Is there an option or software provided to simulate or emulate transfers for debugging error handling, latency, performance?
- USB (sw&hw) in particular is notorious for having issues all during its development

In short, as you already alluded, you'd prolly need to know what the real problem is so it can be corrected or avoided.

- G.

"ok dude YOU RULE at comparing arbitrary number valuations to the written word. You are the king." - Adam (NoVA) 04/27/11

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.