TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The way I took the question was...
People Seeking Info

Subject The way I took the question was...

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on March 29, 2015 at 7:15 AM
  This message has been viewed 475 times.

In Reply To Wait... posted by ConVerTT on March 28, 2015 at 09:57 PM

Message Can you use the 2timer and NISTune together meaning plugging the NISTune into the 2timer. If that was what he meant then my answer was no meaning there would be no benefit in doing that as the 2timer would just be acting like a socket extension.

If he meant can you use NISTune to burn chips and then plug them in the 2timer then yes you could do that but it wouldn't make use of it since there would only be one tune on the chip. NISTune can only be used with a single tune, you can't combine tunes to create a two tune chip.

The 2timer allows you to use a 28 pin 512kb chip which you can put two tunes on and like you said access the upper and lower areas of the chip by grounding the wire coming from it. By default, the 2timer acts as a socket extension accessing the lower addresses of the chip. You can put your stock 256kb chip in and run with that if you want. I install 2timers for people all the time and a lot of them use their current single tune chip and have the 512kb chip tuned later.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.