TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Truthfully, I made more power on Haltech because of closed
People Seeking Info

Subject Truthfully, I made more power on Haltech because of closed

Posted by MixManMash on March 28, 2015 at 9:07 AM
  This message has been viewed 561 times.

In Reply To But if you already have most or all of that stuff... posted by maglito on March 27, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Message loop boost control and all things equal. We're talking about 40hp more (480 to 520hp)

The diagnostics are also far superior. It told me that it wasn't getting a speed sensor input. Guess what that means? VTC won't function and I was running without VTC for the past 4 or so years. Turns out that the two wires with the exact same colour code were crossed on the white connector that was depinned when installing the new EFI harness. Of course, I am still running without it because oil wasn't getting to the drivers side cam gear, but I'll have that fixed shortly since the blockage was found in the block.

The safety features are also way better. You can have it save your investment into the engine should oil temperature get too high, or oil and fuel pressure go low. The power increase is only one angle, but the safeties were more important to me given that I run my car on a road course.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.