TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Speedometer and RPM gauge tester.
People Seeking Info

Subject Speedometer and RPM gauge tester.

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on March 05, 2015 at 11:48 AM
  This message has been viewed 2120 times.

Message Video.
[ http://www.maximusdvd.com/mytwinturbo/tech/Speedometer-Tester/speedometer-tester.wmv ]

Speedometer and RPM gauge tester.

This is a new product I created for testing speedometer and RPM gauges. It can be used on any car that has the same type of pulsed speed sensor signal input to the gauge cluster as the Nissan 300ZX Z32.

This can be used to determine whether you have a problem with the speed sensor or the speedometer board itself. It can be a very useful tool in an auto shop so you'll not have to spend time and money doing unnecessary repairs such as replacing the speed sensor only to find out that the problem is actually in the gauge cluster. It can also be used in replacing gauge faces to make sure the speed or RPM indication is correct after reinstalling the gauge needle.

The unit can be operated using the included remote which comes with a battery. If the remote is lost or the battery is bad, you can open the front on the unit and use the push buttons on the board.

On and off signal out is indicated by the red blinking LED which is under the board. The higher the speed signal the faster it blinks (see video).

The speed settings are vairiable as indicated by the numeric LED between 0-9, 9 being the highest (see video).

For my test setup I powered the unit and speedometer board using an adjustable power supply set to 12 volts.

The included power supply adapter can be plugged into your car's cigarette lighter socket.

Here I have connected it to my test bench power supply.

Available now. $125 shipped.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.