TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Please, long-term experiences with the NisMo mount for the
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Please, long-term experiences with the NisMo mount for the

Posted by zromtech on March 03, 2015 at 12:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 236 times.

In Reply To Please, long-term experiences with the NisMo mount for the posted by Zuberman on March 02, 2015 at 04:58 PM

Message I haven't used the Nismo mount, but I had urethane engine and transmission mounts. The urethane engine mounts started to fall apart after only a few years, so I decided to go back to OEM parts. I immediately noticed a big difference. OEM rubber mounts have significantly less NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) than the urethane, particularly with what is felt through the steering wheel and shifter. The overall noise level in the cabin is reduced a lot too.

The best way to describe the difference is that with urethane, it's like driving the engine itself around; you feel every twitch of the throttle with RPM dependent vibrations through the steering wheel. With OEM rubber it's like driving a car with a separate engine. You don't feel the vibration through the steering-wheel and shifter, it's a lot more disconnected and smoother.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.