TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Seems like a lot of work just to get "decent" ...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Seems like a lot of work just to get "decent" ...

Posted by zromtech on February 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 291 times.

In Reply To Seems like a lot of work just to get "decent" ... posted by ZXoltan on February 28, 2015 at 08:57 AM

Message It was definitely a lot of work eliminating the rattles and sealing off the doors. One good side-effect of the deadening is that the doors close with a much more solid 'thud' than before; I'd recommend it for that alone. I didn't have to cut any metal, but had to notch the back of the door panel to fit over the speaker. 6.5" speakers can't compete with 8" when it comes to bass frequencies, which is what I was going for here.

I say 'decent' because my opinion now (these pics are over 10 years old), is that the noise floor in the car is so high that obsessing over sound quality is somewhat pointless. This setup got very loud, produced a lot of bass up-front and sounded amazing (when the engine was off). These days I don't even have a stereo installed... I guess the sound of turbos singing, wind roaring, and my own schoolgirl-like giggling is all the music I need.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.