TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Reputable CNC shops around the DFW area?
People Seeking Info

Subject Reputable CNC shops around the DFW area?

Posted by TIG3I2 on January 27, 2015 at 2:11 PM
  This message has been viewed 313 times.

Message *my profile has not been updated in a long time*

Wheels: TE-37v 17x8.5 +30 and 17x9.5 +35

Does anyone know of a good CNC shop around the DFW area that would be willing to fabricate two new, properly fitting, rear rotor hats out of 6061-T6 aluminum? The actual material was provided by the Stillen rep after I insisted on him finding out.

A while back, I purchased the AP Racing 1150SR rear big brake kit from Kyle @ Import Parts Pro. Kyle has been great to work with and via e-mail, informed me that Stillen is actually the manufacturers of the AP1150SR kit.

Due to work, I haven't had the chance to call Stillen until today and sure enough, it was the biggest waste of time. One example is that the person I was speaking to, called Stoptech a Chinese knock off brand. The representative on the phone also stated that Stillen will not fabricate any parts for single customer requirements.

The issue is that on the AP1150SR kit, the rear rotor hat pushes the rotor, one inch in front of the dust shield. This is causing my wheels to be pushed out one inch past the fender. I do not want to "slam" my Z like the representative suggested. The spacing from the dust shield to the back of the rotor is the exact same as the distance from the outside of the fender to the outside edge of my rear wheels.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.