TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yup. It's a crap shoot. I bought one once from a reputable
People Seeking Info

Subject Yup. It's a crap shoot. I bought one once from a reputable

Posted by MixManMash on January 27, 2015 at 6:50 AM
  This message has been viewed 455 times.

In Reply To I know they can be but it's still a crapshoot. posted by Evan(CA) on January 26, 2015 at 09:13 PM

Message vendor who provided me with compression and leakdown numbers. I paid $1320 delivered. I put another $1000 into it to clean it up and replace every gasket, seal, timing belt etc. Coolant flush is an absolute must.

Always felt the engine was fairly strong, but it was swapped out for a built engine.

Vorpalz bought the engine from me for doing a TT conversion on his vert. It was tuned just this past year and made over 450hp on pump 94. And that is with 2.5" exhaust, stock IC piping and Stillen ICs, dual POP, Sport 500 turbos. Greg was surprised by the resiults and figures someone in Japan must have built this motor.

But it is a crap shoot. If you can find a reputable vendor that can provide a compression and leakdown test, it makes it easier. Just be prepared to put some money into cleaning it up and replacing old items. But you would have to do that on any old engine you buy.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.