TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Stock Turbo Longevity? How long do they last
People Seeking Info

Subject Stock Turbo Longevity? How long do they last

Posted by MustBe300ZX on December 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 472 times.

Message I'm looking to buy my first Z32 and am trying to find one with lower miles, less owners, and as stock as I possibly can. My question is based on trying to determine if I buy a car with lower mileage if the turbo's will have lots of life left, or if I should expect to have to replace them.

Curious how long did/do the stock turbo's last in a TT? I've read anywhere from 80K-120K, but have seen some people say they can last much longer if they are taken care of, let cool down, etc.

Not sure I could handle pulling the engine on my own, and I don't know if I can justify a specialty shop's repair bill so i'm hoping you can shed some light the stock turbo's.

I found a very clean 91 TT that the owner said has the original turbo's and that his mechanic said they check out fine, and boost properly. But we all know how that goes, but this guy actually sounds legit and he has had all his work done by 1 mechanic that knows older Z cars.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.