TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Good ports, excellent intake/exhaust flow, turbo sizing
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Good ports, excellent intake/exhaust flow, turbo sizing

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on November 07, 2014 at 9:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 352 times.

In Reply To Good ports, excellent intake/exhaust flow, turbo sizing posted by BlackholeZ on November 07, 2014 at 02:07 PM

Message For sure the M4 is a highly refined machine.

I'd talked to Greg about continuously variable valve timing in the past. His experience says there wasn't much additional hp there relative to optimizing the 2-position variable VTCs. That matches my gut feel too.

If turbo sizing could have helped out Zs I'm sure this community would have figured out the absolute best options by now.

Ash is banking on improving the intake and exhaust flow with his latest designs. We'll see how that pans out if at all.

There may be significant benefits to optimizing all these things simultaneously through a cumulative effect but if so it should send shudders through this community about the effectiveness of upgrading incrementally the way we typically do in stage upgrades.

I suspect the biggest improvement is still coming from direct injection though everything you've mentioned enables the maximum benefit resulting in 450hp in 4 cylinders in the Volvo case. Gotta read up more about the M4.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.