TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I guess I should clarify (and correct) a bit.
People Seeking Info

Subject I guess I should clarify (and correct) a bit.

Posted by dogpile on November 05, 2014 at 7:28 AM
  This message has been viewed 392 times.

In Reply To Yes and yes. I have the stock DIs in mine, and ID1000s PIs. posted by dogpile on November 05, 2014 at 07:18 AM

Message The port injectors on a BRZ/FRS are "tuned" the same way as normal gas/E85 vehicles. The stock injectors themselves are physically tiny, and the rails need to be spaced out a good amount to fit aftermarket injectors.

I didn't realize you asked how to increase fuel to ONLY a vehicle with direct injections. That I do not know. The only experience I have with DI is the Toyota system on the FRS/BRZ. And as I answered before, yes, that platform you just replace the [port] injectors. There is absolutely no need to replace the DIs in that platform, aside from the seals blowing themselves out.

As to tuning [FRS/BRZ], the hardest part I've encountered was trying to make a smooth transition between the injectors used. The FRS/BRZ switches between the systems at what seems completely random times at first, so until the logic for the switch was figured out it was frustrating. But once you learn that, there really is nothing special about tuning those injectors.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.