TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lets get hitched!
People Seeking Info

Subject Lets get hitched!

Posted by simplexityphoto (NOVA) on October 31, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 963 times.

Message No really, last weekend I installed a trailer hitch on my Z. I did this because I'm a big cyclist and my Z is my daily driver so I needed a way to get my bike around. I thought about a roof rack but have not been a fan of them in the past for a number of reasons. After doing some research I found that Curt make a hitch so the Z and I ordered from [ www.thehitchstore.com ] (they are normally the cheapest anything hitch related)

These are the pics for reference if you are looking to buy this hitch...

P1040485">

P1040484">

_1040489-2">

The good news is that this hitch will work on both the 2 seater and the 2+2. It even comes with a few extra brackets to make it work.

It requires minimal modification to the car itself and the only modification that is needed is to drill a 1/2" hole in the rear tow points (which are easily replaceable if need be)

It's a Hitch, it makes our cars more useful! also its pretty light so I dont see the added weight to be much of a detriment.

Ok now for the issues.

1) This is a 3 piece hitch so you have to install, measure, drill, measure, drill, struggle to get bolts through, take bolts off, realize you installed it wrong, install correctly, tighten everything to high hell.

2) Because it is a multi piece design there is more flex than normal. This means that my Thule T2 rack is too heavy for it and its all bouncy. I have been able to come up with a solution with the rack itself through modifying it.

3) It should have come with all black hardware. It would just look better.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.