TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - NZR: Why is this considered "cool"?
People Seeking Info

Subject NZR: Why is this considered "cool"?

Posted by Dave N on October 29, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 1105 times.

Message Just because somebody halfway around the world did this to his car in the name of some stupid fad and posted videos of it on youTube does NOT make it a good idea to do it here.

I had to take a closer look at the wheel because I thought he had popped the bead and separated the tire from the wheel. I'd estimate there was more than a 1/2" between the inside edge of the wheel and the tire sidewall.

Sadly, this trend is a revolving door. Anyone old enough to remember the mini-truck fad from 20 years ago where narrow tires were stretched on wide wheels? It's just been recycled and renamed as "stance" and now it's Civics doing this with the added failure of "tucking" the wheels so they can have even less stability and control by driving on the inside edges of their tires.

Time to buy stock in several tire companies...

rant mode /off

This car is probably owned by a snowboarder.

Sig Quotes:

"I JUST saw your polls post" email from BigTDogg on March 24, 2009 in reference to this polls post from Jan 7, 2009.

"Your sausage scares me!" - TT-XTZ 6/13/05

"Or he's having a rough week like the rest of us and decided to take out his agressions of not being breast fed on me." BigTDogg 15:45, 09/25/03

"Pick her up from day care and take her to Dairy Queen for a snow cone." YugoBernie 1/7/04

of course those are canadian bannings and beatings, which after the conversion rate is really only a "hey! stop that!" Chris(NJ) 1/14/04

see the green "n" next to my name? what's COZ? (n/m) - 300zx88 8/11/04

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.