TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 2nd
People Seeking Info

Subject 2nd

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on October 29, 2014 at 8:37 AM
  This message has been viewed 500 times.

In Reply To Excellent Pics.... posted by vorpalZ on October 28, 2014 at 05:28 PM

Message Gotta check some ego at the grid. I know, I started the same way along with everyone else that tracks. It's hard to do (we're sports car guys, yes?), but everyone is out to have fun and get home in one piece... including yourself. Your instructor should be helping you manage traffic while you're figuring out left from right. As you know there's a lot going on out there to keep in check.

Remember to HOT PIT if this happens next time! Save yourself some frustration with the faster drivers and give your brakes a little more time to cool. You're not running for lap times, so throw away part of the track and solve 2 problems at once. When I have students in the same situation this is how I solve it. Sometimes we'll stop there and wait to see a gap in the traffic to find that clean air to drive in without the mirror focus. You will enjoy your day more this way. Soon enough you'll be filling everyone else's mirrors and then it will be time to move up a run group.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I look forward to hearing more when you return. Glad your off was uneventful and you'll only make that mental call once.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.