TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - First Z1 product installed..... not impressed...at all
People Seeking Info

Subject First Z1 product installed..... not impressed...at all

Posted by KeithTTZ on October 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 843 times.

Message I've been modding Z's for some great time now, not a avid poster as this forum is a very single mind set forum. Either way i have installed my first Z1 branded product today, I normally manufacter much of my own parts, and use many OEM parts so in 10+ years of modding them, I installed the Z1 motor mount in lew of making one myself (I am getting overwhelmed and have no time to make one). The fittment was horrible, the part had a very good finish and did come with hardware and loctite. The kit came with 2 M10x1.50 bolts of correct length to mount the trans mount and cross member to the transmission but the transmission hole was a M10x1.25 thread pitch. I normally reuse factory hardware or use new from my fastenal hardware bins. The overall figment did not impress the boot holes were all slotted so the mount had to be test mounted many times for proper alignment. Just my $.02, many others have great things to say.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.