TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Maybe, maybe not.
People Seeking Info

Subject Maybe, maybe not.

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 26, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 289 times.

In Reply To It would be more effective if the nozzles had a wider spray posted by MixManMash on October 26, 2014 at 06:56 PM

Message The IC convection happening during dyno testing isn't as good as when you're actually driving the car. If the dyno fans provide enough flow to mimic actual driving and the IC is completely water soaked the IC efficiency is maxed out regardless of spray pattern. I suspect the Canuck Sprayer soaked the IC more than sufficiently such that vorpalZ's IC setup was maxed out and heat soaked even without a nice spray pattern. The benefit of the spray system is also strongly influenced by relative humidity during the test conditions -- I can't imagine these systems would provide much benefit at all in hot muggy places. In my mind the key question is whether he took full advantage of the system with a complete re-tune during water ON.

He might have gotten a different answer if he sprayed alcohol but the overall benefit of this subsystem is getting weaker by adding such complexity and vorpalZ's decision to simply swap for bigger ICs was the right decision.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.