TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Actually one slot = 2 CRANK degrees (1 cam degree)
People Seeking Info

Subject Actually one slot = 2 CRANK degrees (1 cam degree)

Posted by kickerzx on October 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 384 times.

In Reply To Ok. I'm convinced. The stock CAS setup is sub-optimum. posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 22, 2014 at 03:02 PM

Message One thing im not sure of is exactly HOW the stock ecu interprets the triggerdisk. What the algorythm is.
I dont think it uses every slot to time the ignition. It might use the six "other" slots in a way i dont know about. Or it may think somethings in the line of - ONE, two, three, four, five, six, seven, EIGHT, nine, ten.... and so on, where actually only hole one and eight is used to calculate degrees and timing point.
Some ecus do this but i dont know how the stock one "thinks".
If it does something along those lines it would smooth out the "lines" in logs. However the problem is twofold. One is that the ecus read the numbers weirdly causing the ragged line in teh logs. If you install an AEM disk (with an aftermarket ecu) and run of it the log would probably read straight. But the other problem is still there. The AEM disk log just hides it from the eye. The second problem is the actual mechanical irregularities between the cam and crank. It will still be there causing timingscatter. The ecu just dont notice it
I know i would love to get my hands on the Nissan tech paper on the CAS, i can tell you that...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.