TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - the entire point of replacing the knock sensor orginally
People Seeking Info

Subject the entire point of replacing the knock sensor orginally

Posted by Khronik on October 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 364 times.

In Reply To negative nancy! negative nancy! (n/m) posted by LJZTT on October 17, 2014 at 07:52 PM

Message was indeed to fix the safety boost as that was what was believed to be faulty. due to being told a V8 Titan sensor would work, I used that but it clearly is not compatible with the Z.

also i was not implying that id rather have bigger turbos over an EBC, more-so stating that bigger turbos/wastegates would allow more than 7psi (was looking for verification on this)

1. deleted the solenoids because i was expecting to have an EBC installed already, and i deleted several other things at the same time to try and clean up the bay a bit
2. vacuum is routed to basically plug the EBC in and connect one more hose
3. trying the resistor was more so to verify the Titan sensor did not work, or any sensor for that matter

Never tried the resistor previously due to the possiblity of detonation and the ecu not being able to protect it, but im fairly positive im not detonating.

Also, I dont care so much about being stuck at 7psi until i get an EBC...
I reconnected the knock sensor and put it back in safety boost after trying the resistor.

Im more interested in IF anyone has ever really looked into the power differences between stock(lets say @7psi) and safety boost, and the gains that mods produce.

high 5 clutch, safety precaution, because with my mods, OEM clutches are known to blow.
e.x. my buddy that just bought a TT and now has the same setup as me but his DP/TP are HKS(preferable), and his clutch blew up in 1 week.
so, whats the problem with the high 5 on my car lol?

=================================
1991 NA 2+2 - Pearl White - Auto (RIP)
1996 NA - Arctic White - 5Speed (SOLD)
1990 TT - Aztec Red - 5Speed (DD)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.