TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes. Trans is out of some diesel truck though.
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes. Trans is out of some diesel truck though.

Posted by dogpile on October 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 414 times.

In Reply To Is it not toyota powertrain? (n/m) posted by LJZTT on October 17, 2014 at 07:33 PM

Message The one we replaced had 15k miles on the car we when replaced it. When the customer brought us the car, his 6 speed was a 3 speed, and sounded like death idling. From what he, and others we've talked to, said, it's fairly common. I know there's a company that makes an adapter for a different trans because it's that much of a problem (i.e. that's the reason they bothered making the adapter).

New trans was stupid expensive (think V160 money), and he had to have it shipped from overseas somewhere.

Had to take the entire rear half of the car off to pull the motor to pull the trans. Took up the space of 3 cars to do it. Heat shields rivitted to everything that need to be drilled out, stacks of shims that needed to go back in their exact spots to get the body to line up correctly, remove 599 things to get to a single bolt...it made working on a Callaway C4 seem like I had all the room in the world. Technically there's 7 bolts IIRC that hold the rear calm on, but those bolts are hidden. I have a pic somewhere.

Anywho, they're pretty, but I'd take an Exige any day of the week over one. Especially since I'd be the one working on it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.