TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My Observations
People Seeking Info

Subject My Observations

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on October 03, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 235 times.

In Reply To How many miles it too high of milage to buy a 300ZX TT? posted by stevefromsd on October 03, 2014 at 01:34 AM

Message The engine is the most critical and also most expensive thing to replace. My observation is that for even well maintained Z32's the TT's are only good for about 150-175k before a rod bearing fails, or something similarly catastrophic. If you're buying one in that range, you might as well go ahead and budget for a rebuild. Of course there are exceptions, like always, but that seems to be the general rule.

Old style fuel injectors are going to fail no matter what, so if it has them, you might as well go ahead and budget for them, regardless of the miles.

Otherwise, the rubber hoses and bushings are another common failure point. I don't think it has as much to with pure mileage as much as how long they've been sitting outside, especially in hot climates. I'd rather take a Z32 with 120k miles that's been garage kept in a decent environment over one with 80k miles that's always lived outside in a hot climate.

Most of the other stuff is just pure age. Whether you get a 90 or a 94, I don't know at this point if it really matters. Stuff is getting old, its going to fail.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.