TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My $0.02 based on my two Zs...
People Seeking Info

Subject My $0.02 based on my two Zs...

Posted by black300zx on October 03, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 261 times.

In Reply To How many miles it too high of milage to buy a 300ZX TT? posted by stevefromsd on October 03, 2014 at 01:34 AM

Message Both of them were NAs, but some of it should be relevant to your question.

My first Z was a 2+2 NA w/ ~150k when I bought it. I had some minor wear and tear issues (rusted out muffler, clutch, BMC, PS pump) but for the most part it didn't nickle and dime me much. It was a pretty damn reliable car.

My second Z was a NA slicktop that I bought with 116k and a blown motor. It current has almost 160k on it, and I've gotten nickle and dimed with little issues: Wheel bearings, diff bearings, cats, fan clutch, CMC, ABS booster, starter, alternator, heater core, AC condenser, etc.

My theory for my particular experience is that a lot of the issues I've dealt with on my slicktop were probably dealt with already by the previous owner of my higher mileage 2+2. If you're buying from an owner who takes care of his car properly, buying a higher mileage chassis (~140-150k) might leave you with a car that has many of the normal wear items replaced already.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.