TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Anyone try a Southbend TZR lately ?
People Seeking Info

Subject Anyone try a Southbend TZR lately ?

Posted by rmp459 on October 02, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 357 times.

Message Anyone have any experience/comments running a Southbend TZR clutch or something similar? I need something thats a little more street-able to replace my high 5, but I want something thats going to at least be able to handle a turbo upgrade.

Car is a 95 TT with almost 100k miles, if the turbos ever go, theres a good chance ill just slap a set of gtx turbos and have it tuned for a safe hp for a stock block. If the compression is lower than expected ill obviously rebuild.

I put a high 5 in my car last year, was broken in for 500 miles before i road raced on it at NJMP on low boost. Solid clutch, great grab, but too aggressive for me considering its mostly just a weekend car at this point and my e36 m3 has track duty, I've also had some problems with it that has limited me to using the car 2-3 times this entire year (no time to work on it).

At some point I believe I had an issue with the pressure plate because I heard a loud spring pop sound and my pedal is slightly softer and my engagement is at the top of the pedal (used to be smack in the middle like 1000 miles ago). I have checked every other component in the system, replace the slave, bled the shit out of it, etc. It still grabs well, but the engagement is crap and right at the very top of the pedal. No adjustment will help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.