TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I use a Haltech...
People Seeking Info

Subject I use a Haltech...

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on October 01, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  This message has been viewed 666 times.

In Reply To flow is figured out. Last question regarding power. posted by wickdGSXR on October 01, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Message But the concept of triggering and the wiring is the same. There are several different options what I did and think is the cleanest is this:

1) On the fuel pumps combine the negative wires and ground them internally to the actual bulk head. You can do this by drilling a small hole in the hanger and then using and eyelet and bolt setup.

2) Now the negative side is 100% done. So at the top of the tank you had two wires coming in from the factory. A positive, and a negative. You will use the positive wire to trigger the first pump and re-purpose the factory negative wire to become the positive for the 2nd pump. You can punch into the factor wiring harness right above the bulk head and this will still leave you with a plug and play setup for the future if you ever need to remove the pumps and just looks cleaner.

Free Advice.

Wire both pumps on to relays with a shared single fuse. It takes a little more time to do it this way but you will end up with a single point of failure instead of dual. IE, if one fuse blows both pumps are down and your car doesn't run. If you run one pump off the factory controller and the other off of a relay and the fuse blows for the 2nd one you could go lean very quickly and damage your engine. With the factory ECU and narrow band 02 there isn't a way for it to even know or to try and self correct. So your betting your engine and maybe more on that 2nd pumps fuse.

More than welcome to email / call / text if you have other questions on this

Madhatter10-6

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.