TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: upgrading & restoring a 24 year old car
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: upgrading & restoring a 24 year old car

Posted by pahan on September 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
  This message has been viewed 351 times.

In Reply To upgrading & restoring a 24 year old car posted by wickdGSXR on September 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Message It matters not what I put into my project as it will always stay a project. I have realized long ago that if I use the thing the way it's meant to be (read - race and enjoy) the thing is a wife money-wise. Is it worth it?

YES!

If you count how much money i dropped on Fiberglass materials and don't even count man hours and don't consider mod budget...

Worth it.

BRZ is not a Z any way you look at it. You can never regain the money you spent on the Z but the sheer enjoyment factor is priceless IMHO.

Seriously, if you don't plan on racing this old car and just plan to drive it - you should have gotten a BRZ IMHO. It's cheaper to fix old parts (replace them with better new ones) than to fix new parts which you will still destroy if you race the BRZ. Any car will have that happen as wear and tear on the track/mountains/roads will be happening any time you take the car to the limits. Hence the theory that I subscribe to is: If you plan to race it - get and old car (happens to be the Z that I love) and you have lots of room to replace the parts as they fail. Get a new car - you end up paying lots of money for a stock thing and have to mod it regardless.

So the Z wins hands down potential-wise and bang for the buck IF you plan to take it to the limits. If you just plan to drive it - I kinda feel sorry for you ^^)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.