TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Slicktop window rain gutter guards
People Seeking Info

Subject Slicktop window rain gutter guards

Posted by TriniTT on September 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 1587 times.

Message In the past I've inquired about having these made, and since none of the vendors/fabricators were interested I decided to make them on my own. I apologize for the poor quality pics, I'm still in the middle of several projects but I wanted to post my progress thus far since I'll be out of town for the next few weeks. I'm using my red slick as my guinea pig, but I imagine they'll look nicer on my other z.

These are OEM rain guards from another vehicle (I don't care to divulge which vehicle), and they included clips as well as double-sided tape to mount them onto the car. The clips happened to work with the z32 moldings, so that was a pleasant surprise. I've spent a good bit of time modifying them to fit the z, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

I posted a few pics on fb and they've generated a good bit of interest there. I may consider a group buy when I'm done if I feel there is enough interest for them. Also, a local t-top z owner was interested in a 2-piece version for his z. Although initially to me it seemed like a silly notion, after some consideration and contemplation, I believe it would certainly be feasible. There would obviously need to be great care taken by the owner to ensure they weren't ripped off when the t-tops are removed and placed in the hatch, but it is definitely an option for those who might be interested.

Anyway, onto the pics and subsequent criticism.

Cheers,
JBrobst

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.