TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks for your suggestions and sobering perspective. Next
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks for your suggestions and sobering perspective. Next

Posted by 240Z FeO2 on September 18, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 212 times.

In Reply To Ummm. I'd focus on winter (serious snow and cold) prep posted by ConVerTT on September 18, 2014 at 01:35 PM

Message to them my concern about good wipers must look ridiculous and trivial. But my son asked about wipers so that prompted my post.

All I know about the Alcan is the little I've read, and that presents opinions different from yours. Some examples:

"Today, the entire length of the Alcan is paved, and highway speeds are not a problem. I've driven the road in everything from a subcompact car to a hugely overpowered motorcycle and have never had any trouble. As far as condition goes, the Alaska Highway is no different from any blue highway in the lower 48." (2003)

Wally Hidinger, Yukon’s director of transportation engineering: “You can drive with no trouble at all, summer and winter.” (2012)

Maybe these people are shills for the transportation or hospitality industries, IDK. I lived and worked in the Cascades for decades. My own viewpoint is closer to yours. The Alcan is an extremely long road through a mountain wilderness. It's better to be cautious and prepared. I'll pass your recommendations along to my son. Thanks Kent!

Chance favors the informed

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.