TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ummm. I'd focus on winter (serious snow and cold) prep
People Seeking Info

Subject Ummm. I'd focus on winter (serious snow and cold) prep

Posted by ConVerTT on September 18, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 230 times.

In Reply To SZR. My son is taking a job in Anchorage and is planning on posted by 240Z FeO2 on September 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Message personally - rain wont be the issue. So I hope you are asking this because winter tires, tire chains, antifreeze, block heater, emergency plan and supplies (for example and not a complete list by any means) are all taken care of already? What is he driving?

The Alaska highway is a beautiful scenic 2000 mile plus drive (that STARTS about 10 hours North from me). It is also curvy narrow and remote and can be extremely dangerous at this time of year if unprepared. Assume winter starts next week (not joking).

Also heavy equipment will be moving soon if not now (forestry and oilpatch). There isnt much for enforcement past about Ft. St. John so it is safest to assume that THEY have the right of way regardless.

Not trying to be a dick - that road at this time of year can be a stressful, strenuous drive and serious business.

ConVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (black)
XtraVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (glacier white)
SlickTTop - 96 OBD1 TT Slicktop (black)
Old Yeller - 90 Slicktop NA (PGY)

And their hot Asian Cousin - 01 Acura NSX NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.