TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - In my opinion...
People Seeking Info

Subject In my opinion...

Posted by Jiro on September 16, 2014 at 3:28 AM
  This message has been viewed 415 times.

In Reply To Opinion on selling my TWIN TURBO posted by The Bishop on September 15, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Message If you kept your 300zx the way it is, as I would have imagined from your description (pristine), it would be still a great classic gt-car, but given its competition in the 90's coupled to its relatively high production number, it won't be as highly sought after compared to the Supra. Furthermore, cars like the Supra have already have 'cornered the market' for the symbol of Japanese 90's muscle as people have made it widely known of some 1000-1200hp Supra MK4s on the streets (300zx imo is capable) and its spike in popularity from the F&F series. Finally, popular opinion finds that the supra or rx-7 lines make it a more attractive car (Although I disagree). In other words, I don't think it would end up being a highly sought after car in a Barrett-Jackson auction if you plan on holding on to it as-is.

However, seeing how many 300zx die-hard fans are out there as evident to this forum twinturbo.net, now this is my opinion, the value of the vehicle will increase in the future as more the most sought after Z32 LHD 2+0 TT stockers population dwindles. It will be a niche market as the only people a car like that will appeal to is die hard 300zx's. In the immediate future 1-2 years I predict it may be listed to $20,000. As for the time beyond this, it will either stay the same price for a long ass time or slowly climb... Maybe a new Hollywood movie can change that. With that being said, I do not mind this at all. I enjoy the 300zx being highly under-rated.

As a pure investment though, you could do much better during the time you play this waiting game. I'd say its a fairly risky one actually.

If I were you though, I'd keep the Z as it is and maintain it and buy another well maintained tastefully modified 300zx to toy with as your appreciation of your pristine Z will be something you can never put a value to add to your quality of life.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.