TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - From my understanding of one theory
People Seeking Info

Subject From my understanding of one theory

Posted by 96300NAZ on September 15, 2014 at 3:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 252 times.

In Reply To Wouldn't that increase oil consumption right from the start? (n/m) posted by BigTDogg (MA) on September 15, 2014 at 01:05 PM

Message I couldn't tell you by how much. I didn't know much about the car when the motor was built. It was already bad when I bought it. So a reputable shop near me, Turn in Concepts, did my rebuild. I would say if you didn't go OEM that filing the ringlands wouldn't need done, which I think I read you plan on doing.

I noticed some oil consumption, but it wasn't far out of the norm that other EJ build owners were claiming. After my build it was maybe a quart between changes. Turbo could be eating some of that too.

I went with OEM as I planned on staying under 400whp. From my research OEM should have held up to that. If I had it to do again I would have done it right and gone with forged internals.

I'd also say while it's being rebuilt to not go OEM on the pickup tube. KillerB is the popular option. I know personally of two that had cracked OEM pickup tubes.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.