TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - need quieter... add a 2nd muffler?
People Seeking Info

Subject need quieter... add a 2nd muffler?

Posted by Jiro on August 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 472 times.

Message My 300zx setup is a dual 3" all the way back from the downpipes with 4 vibrant resonators, and dual B&B mufflers with quad oval tip. I like the sound for the most part; nice, deep and it looks awesome, but it's really damn loud. So loud that I don't enjoy driving it as much as I'd like to, and going in to parking garages makes me feel like a total douche because it sets off car alarms.

I really want to quiet it down. I'm thinking something like removing a pair of resonators and replacing them with another pair of mufflers in which the outlet will feed into the B&Bs I'm thinking something like a Varex muffler where it has that butterfly valve mechanism is implemented to redirect the exhaust gas flow.

Not sure if it will lower the db levels as compared to the resonators that it will be replacing... but i think there will definitely be additional back pressure when the Varex muffler is in full on muffling mode but im wondering if opening up to full volume mode would flow better than a resonator?

B&B the trumpets that they are... look awesome imho... I definitely want to keep the look and I think this would be a decent solution.

What do you think? Bad idea?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.