TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - specs
People Seeking Info

Subject specs

Posted by wickdGSXR on August 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 314 times.

In Reply To This. Dialing in the cam gears makes a huge difference, posted by MixManMash on August 28, 2014 at 01:10 PM

Message I do not believe the block has been decked. My attempt at figuring out piston deck height appears to be .002 to .007 checking 1,2,5,6. I originally purchased a 1.6mm head gasket which gives a squish band (outer ring of piston to head) of .065 to .070. I've been told that the gasses in that band don't burn and end up as smog.

Since my machinist is taking material out of the head, he said don't worry about the compression ratio being to high and go back to stock head gasket thickness of 1.2mm(.045). This of course brings the heads back down and throws off cam timing.

How much has been taken off the heads....I have no clue. I originally bought the car with melted pistons (shave). I myself have warped the heads at least once (shave).

Your info makes sense that I need all adjustable cam gears. Pulleys and tensioner are brand new. Is the crank gear ok? I just mounted it and it feel solid. However being so tiny, the slightest angle from wear would throw everything else out of whack, right?

This stuff is getting real complicated and REAL expensive for a 24yr old car.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.