TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Not exactly. There is a fine line between making the
People Seeking Info

Subject Not exactly. There is a fine line between making the

Posted by Ash's Z on July 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 420 times.

In Reply To Do I understand you correctly if I say you are implying that posted by LJZTT on July 30, 2014 at 01:37 PM

Message best possible amount of safe power and making the best damaging power. Detonation does have its degrees of severity but it is a really small tolerance between light detonation and heavy detonation. Detonation and thermal wear on the cylinder walls/piston rings are two different modes of "wear", although I wouldn't call detonation wear per-se, its quite damaging and should be avoided.

So what I am referring to is that by evacuating all of the cylinders of exhaust gas equally, when tuning the car you will be able to better optimize the power out of the engine as the threshold to detonation will be the same across all cylinders. You always have to tune for the cylinder that wants to ping first and that becomes your tuning ceiling. Of course, it is always wise to pull timing and/or boost back from this ceiling, but by balancing the airflow in and out of all cylinders equally there is no "problematic" cylinder that forces a tuner to lower the performance ceiling of the powerplant.

So its both a performance and reliability aspect to balance air in/out, which is pretty obvious when stated like that but there has been some oversight in a few key components that I am addressing with this product and the new intake manifold design. This has already been achieved in the 2.5" intake piping kits - there is about 15% difference in flow between the two sides of the turbo inlet system.... ours is within 3%... and the plenum has its own issues as well that I have already pretty much nailed down in my new design. Now just gotta build it and do the testing.

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the
tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.