TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm not saying don't buy a high5
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm not saying don't buy a high5

Posted by Zvil (FL) on July 25, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 215 times.

In Reply To SZ High Five puck owners posted by wickdGSXR on July 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Message I haven't driven a Z with one nor do I know anyone locally with one, I have the ACT 6 puck unsprung and I drive my Z daily, I put about 75k miles on this pressure plate, 60k miles on the first disk, 15k on the second one. I estimate my engine is over the max torque rating (553ft-lbs) by about 20-30 ft-lbs but it has never slipped on me when fully engaged, I launched at 6000 rpm with NO wheelhop/spin it was all traction. I managed a 1.6 60' on drag radials and the front of the car felt like it really was going to lift off the ground. I left my foot on the clutch to slip it on purpose instead of letting my wheels spin or hop so maybe it's a good thing that can't hold the torque? No fade, it was my last pass of the night out of 5 since then I've done several hard pulls on the street with absolutely no slippage. I'm so confident in it's holding power that I've even found myself "clutching up" much like a sportbike trying to do a wheelie, just to allow the turbos a chance to spool up from higher engine rpm. I am very happy with it and would recommend it -even though- once again I have no experience with the high5.

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.