TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - While I'm in there....
People Seeking Info

Subject While I'm in there....

Posted by Evan(CA) on July 21, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 327 times.

Message I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to link 27 photos but I really would appreciate any help you're willing to provide. This is my first engine pull that needs to be put back in running :)

Here is the link to the photos of the engine on the stand and empty engine bay.

[ http://s389.photobucket.com/user/EvanSila/library/Egnine%20refresh?sort=3&page=1 ]

Mike Smith of MWS did the swap roughly 40k ago including the 60k so the engine and everything was refreshed then. On top of that he changed out all the POS oem Nissan connectors that always break with very nice push in wire clip ones that are still like new. I'd really appreciate you guys looking over the photos in this album of the engine bay and engine on stand and make recommendations on what to replace. Keep in mind cost is a factor at this point but I can always put in overtime at work to make up for it if I really should get something. HKS2530's and MSP's tend to blow budgets wide open though so I'm in pretty deep already. It looks like I need injectors at this point too since one of my old style 555's ohmed out of spec. On top of that my clutch and flywheel will probably need to be replaced to hold the new power level even on 91 octane. I have a RPS segmented FW and JWT max street clutch with ~40k on them currently.

Here is what I know I'm replacing, everything else is undecided.

EGR: A few months ago when I smogged it the tech said it was only about 25% operational. I could clean it but that's one thing I do not want to replace with the engine in and I can't delete it here in California.

BDE half moon plugs

Valve cover gaskets as the DS exhaust looks to be leaking.

Injectors will likely be 740's but I'd like to have e85 capability if I ever get a station near me. Regardless I'd need a new fuel pump even with 740's to keep up with a q16 tune. Anyone want to buy a first born child? How about a testicle? I've got one to spare. It would probably hurt less than my bank account after this round of mods.

Spark plugs, fluids, filters etc. obviously

I'm debating the 60k due to cost. It's still relatively fresh and this is starting to hurt my wallet.

The knock sensor only has 40k on it as well so I don't really feel the need to replace that but I'm wondering if I should.

The HKS2530's and MSP's will come with all associated gaskets, hardware and lines.

Anything I'm missing or would be a fool to not replace while the motor is out? MWS did most of the deletes already. I'd love a brand new harness but mine is fairly clean with good upgraded connectors so with money being a factor I'll probably skip that.

I've done my due diligence on this and have an extensive list written down but I broke out the Gentlemen Jack and really am just looking to discuss it with other Z'ers so don't get your panties in a twist telling me to search.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.