TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: How do you plan to regulate the voltage from the cars
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: How do you plan to regulate the voltage from the cars

Posted by Hjorleifsson on July 13, 2014 at 4:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 183 times.

In Reply To How do you plan to regulate the voltage from the cars posted by Evan_Wright (Ca) on July 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Message I admit I have not done a lot of research on this yet since I am still busy building the Z.
But off the top of my head id say cheapest pre built DC-DC converter I can get my hands on probably.
It will not be an exercise in building power supplies (I might even hack apart a couple of car USB chargers and see if that is a viable option).

And yes I know, there are people that have done this before both in a standalone ems and piggybacks and data loggers etc.
But if I can make the plans for a very cheap and easy to assemble data logger or fan controller and people want to use it then it is worth the effort, especially since the effort part is just a bit of writing and taking some pictures. Not everyone is in need of that thousands of dollars ems system.
Nistune is fine it just lacks some logging.
In my case, I want to measure pressure in the cooling system. If I have a warm engine and no pressure then I have a problem.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.