TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The z is prepped and ready for surgery.
People Seeking Info

Subject The z is prepped and ready for surgery.

Posted by Evan(CA) on July 13, 2014 at 1:44 AM
  This message has been viewed 861 times.

Message HKS 2530's and MSP manifolds here I come! I made 402/412 on 91 with my current mod in my profile on my last dyno at SZ with stock manis and turbos so I'd love to hit somewhere near 500. I'll try and take pictures throughout the process but once I get into it pictures wont be near the top of my to do list.

I've searched, read faq's and tech articles for days now but it doesn't hurt to ask one more time. Especially since this engine has to go back in operational :) I've pulled plenty of parts cars engines but didn't have to worry about them going back in. Do you guys have have tips, tricks or suggestions for me? Anything I should replace while I'm in there? The car was a TT swap done about ~40k ago and they were very thorough making sure maintenance was done including the 60k. This build is getting pricey so for things like that that can be done with the motor in without too much hassle I don't mind waiting.

Nixit blocks vs 2 ton jack stands? I'd prefer 3 ton jack stands for the additional height but if I spent the money on those I figure I might as well just make nixit blocks. Ceiling height is a concern when pulling the engine out though. Plus I do have a few suspension items to address.

I spent today cleaning out the shed making room in the garage so I could squeeze my Z in along with all the equipment and still leave it workable in there. Hoping to yank the engine out tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.