TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Received.
People Seeking Info

Subject Received.

Posted by Rob'Z on July 11, 2014 at 4:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 289 times.

In Reply To Paid - but... posted by BoneZ (MD) on July 11, 2014 at 01:59 PM

Message The pictures I posted of the prototypes are the machined finish.

Machined Finish:
Shiny overall but not a mirror finish (not polished, this is what you should choose if you plan to polish them though). You will see the swirls from the endmill and paths that the tool takes to machine the shape, way cool in my opinion because I'm a machinist. You cannot feel these, it is perfectly smooth. Cheapest because I don't have to do anything else to it.

Matte Finish:
Basically it will resemble the rock TBs/plenum. It will be much smoother though so don't expect a perfect OEM look/texture. It will not have any tool marks. This finish is archived by glass bead blasting the outside surfaces. More expensive because I need to mask and bead blast them.

Anodized Finish:
Basically like staining for wood. The tool marks will be less visible and the metal will have less luster than the machined finish. It will be more resilient to marring than bare aluminum. I use Type II anodizing, not as tough (or expensive) as Type III which you will find on gun parts etc. all of the telescope pieces I machine at work receive Type II anodizing.

I will post pictures of the anodized and machined finish, I don't have any pictures of the bead blasted finish handy.

Rob

SRC="http://ttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/RobZ90TT/AZR%201
0/beyondsig.jpg">

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.