TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Switched the fuel lines to PTFE hoses and fittings
People Seeking Info

Subject Switched the fuel lines to PTFE hoses and fittings

Posted by sparkie on July 10, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 475 times.

Message I had a major leak in the SS braided fuel line upon starting the car for the first time after the winter hiatus.
http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2573334/Stainless-steel-braided-fuel-line-failure.html

I switched over to PTFE lines and fittings for the entire fuel system. Now I'm happy to report the previously persistent fuel smell is completely gone. For the parallel feed/return setup, $500 is a very good investment vs having the whole car burnt to the ground from potential fuel leaks.

The PTFE hoses are thinner than the regular SS braided rubber hoses because the teflon core is a lot thinner than the rubber core. This helps with the plumbing for the parallel rail setup in the confined engine bay. The only draw back/inconvenience is you have to replace the compression fittings every time you need to re-assemble the hose ends.

I'd still use the traditional SS lines with rubber core for oil. But for fuel, the PTFE lines are the only way to go.

www.ztechz.net

ICQ # 14337317

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.