TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Details on the remote steering pump?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Details on the remote steering pump?

Posted by Hjorleifsson on July 10, 2014 at 8:58 AM
  This message has been viewed 513 times.

In Reply To Details on the remote steering pump? posted by Turbodog (CT) on July 10, 2014 at 06:30 AM

Message Here is plenty of information on the toyota MR2 pump conversion. [ http://driveev.com/jeepev/convpgs/psteer.php ]

There are others that have done this to within the Z community that has done this conversion to.

Another popular alternative for the pump is is the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra G and Vectra C models.
I know that the newer Citroën Berlingo have an electrical power steering pump to.

But basically the steering rack does all the work, and the pump is just there for pressure. So anything that runs without being dependent of a can bus system should work.
I bought the MR2 one because its supposed to be mounted horizontally (and it was like 25€).

They eat A LOTof power(No joke. Peaks of 70amp when standing still is likely) so a solid state relay is pretty much the way to go. and a better alternator. Ill go with a 7 series alternator since they are plenty and cheap, but i bet summit or some ham radio forum could point you in the right direction that is more available over there.

Ill make a PWM controller for the MR2 pump with an arduino (So that it doesn't run at speed) that works with the speed signal of the Z this coming winter and upload the source here so more people can benefit.
Variable resistance would be for free to pretty much.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.