TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: How did you relocate the relay box without changing the wire
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: How did you relocate the relay box without changing the wire

Posted by Hjorleifsson on July 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 416 times.

In Reply To Re: How did you relocate the relay box without changing the wire posted by Hjorleifsson on July 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Message To relocate the relay box without cutting anything i had to disassemble the entire box
(The relay holders slide out with some help from WD40, and use a felt tip pen to mark both the relays and the holders 1-12 and photograph it with your phone)
and peel off 20-30cm of the very old and brittle electrical insulation tape that Nissan used to wind their harness with.
The connector from the engine harness slides conveniently up the hole behind the left headlight and end p roughly in the same position as before.
the abs sensor connector needs to be routed within the wheel well to behind the intercooler since the cable is to short to go into the engine bay and back into the wheel well again.

Now i did a bit of truth modification here I realize since the power steering connectors needs to be cut and extended (4 leads that i forgot about since i am doing the pump relocation). when you are extending it you might as well do it properly and route that through the wheel well to (Use shrink tubing with glue to make sure it is sealed)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.