TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Greetings from Sweden.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Greetings from Sweden.

Posted by Hjorleifsson on July 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 312 times.

In Reply To Re: Greetings from Sweden. posted by Bigwill837 on July 09, 2014 at 07:51 PM

Message According to Google unit conversions 1 242 miles :) or something around there. Fitted them last season and didn't get a lot of driving done.

No cracks or problems with the material so far. The fab quality is horrible though.
I had to grind and grind and grind on the flanges and pretty much all the welds.
The holes on the turbo flange didn't line up properly on the drivers side, but that wasn't a problem since the gt3071r's do not fit without a extra flange (20mm spacer)on your flange (Xzibit yo) anyway.
Even before i started welding in them the flanges were uneven, easily rectified by a large belt sander if you have one but a pain if you do not.
And before i evened the flanges out i cut the head flanges between the exhaust ports with a band saw, there was some tension in the material but not a lot. The parts moved about +-1mm in relation to each other.
In hindsight i should have made my own exhaust manifolds. It would have been the same amount of work and I would have been more satisfied with the shape.

Its a kind of IKEA way of thinking i guess, you get almost all the parts but you have to do most of the work yourself.

(Do not try this at home. I built my engine bay to be easily serviced (Pulling the engine is VERY easy, so a crack is not a catastrophe)
Buy real exhaust manifolds if you do not have access to a mechanical workshop and autism levels of patience)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.